Re: [squid-users] Re: Web-based configurator???

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:02:43 +0800

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007, squidie wrote:

> At the moment there are some management suites for squid but they are
> shareware. I hate it. I'd like to see all that things in squid for free
> (in cost too). But as I see nobody's going to implement it. I'm not a
> programmer at all but I'll try to do smth to extend squid's features.

Software unfortunately doesn't write itself. Open source communities
only benefit from 'free' software when there's enough developers contributing
towards the software.

The only way there'll be an included web configuration/management utility
for Squid is if someone writes it and releases it publicly (and doesn't charge
for it!) or if someone funds a developer to do the same. Neither of them
have happened so noone's working on it.

Adrian