Re: [squid-users] Distribued ACL|

From: Tom Lobato <tomlobato@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:09:00 -0200

Henrik Nordstrom escreveu:
> mån 2007-01-15 klockan 21:59 -0200 skrev Tom Lobato:
>

>> updates secure with SSL. Sure, the server will read relevants squid.conf
>> acl's and http_access's and send to client, that will insert it to local
>> squid.conf. Such client/server likely will be at full time connec., to
>> make updates instantaneous
>>

> Or you could look into using an external acl or two for your access
> control purposes. See the external_acl_type directive.

Hi Henrik! Thank you.

Well, I already read about external_acl_type, but as far as I
understood, each one and all requests (so, all objects within a page)
are processed by it. So, I realized it would create much delay and
bandwidth, since each one have to send to the central squid, processed
and returned. So I opted to store ACLs locally.

If I'm not correct, please explain me.

Tom Lobato