[squid-users] url_rewrite_program and Squid 2.6STABLE

From: Travis Derouin <travis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:20:28 -0500

Hi,

I have a few issues that I thought someone might have some advice on.

I read in the documentation that url_rewrite_program was no longer
required as it was possible to force a domain name, ie. if Squid
received a request for www1.wikihow.com, you could issue a 301
redirect to www.wikihow.com. I can't seem to configure this out
properly, as URLs not on www.wikihow.com don't get redirected. This
is my config:

http_port 80 defaultsite=www.wikihow.com vhost

Is that correct, or should it be something else?

My other issue is with the url_rewrite_program, it seems I have too
few url_rewrite_children, as Squid 2.6.STABLE6 keeps giving Fatal
errors:

FATAL: Too many queued url_rewriter requests (72 on 12)

This didn't seem to be a problem on our other server which was running
2.6.STABLE3-20060825, which we just moved off of recently. The new
server is currently only getting half of the total traffic the old
server was receiving.

2 questions: Could this be a problem particular to 2.6STABLE6? Are
there any serious drawbacks to having a lot of url_rewrite_children ?
Or do I only need to increment it to 20-40 to handle all of the
requests.

Ideally I'd like a configuration that doesn't rely on
url_rewrite_program, I haven't figured out the configuration for that
yet though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Travis

Travis