[squid-users] FW: Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE14 Java Applets Authentication problems

From: Brian Bepristis <bbepristis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:44:32 -0500

Hello All I have a FC5 Box Set up running squid 2.5.Stable14 with Dansguardian we have a lot of applications that use a java applet over port 443 I have the site unblocked and port 443 unblocked however as soon as it starts loading the java applet I get a java based Authentication box for the Squid Server I type in the users credentials and it just pops back up again it will do this 3 times then says that the Login failed however the login is correct. I only have this problem with java I can browse the web tell I'm blue in the face but as soon as I find that java it stops me in my tracks is there a fix for this yet? I have found many posts on this problem all over the net but everyone just says it's a bug in squid. Please advise.

Brian S. Bepristis
Web Developer
Next I.T.
http://www.next-it.net