[squid-users] NTLM, SSL Certificates and Java 1.5 on Iexplorer problem

From: Estrada Salinas, Jesús <jestrada@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:02:19 +0100

Hello everybody,

I've been looking a pair of days for a solution to this problem, so Im writting here.

We're working with Squid 2.5 on a debian. We have the ntlm and the basic methods to identify users.
When a user tries to access to a page with its certificate, he can, but appears a logon dialog from the proxy ip asking for the user, password and the domain. And doesn't mind what you do, till that moment We have to kill the process iexplorer.
The Iexplorer version is the 6.0.28 and java is the 1.5 version.

I've read in some forum about adding this two lines
            acl java_jvm browser Java/1.4
            http_access allow java_jvm
But this didnt work for me

We have a proxy cache with the proxy_auth configuration and other proxy that works as parent. In the parent I haven't configured the proxy_auth, do they must have the same configuration? Other SSL pages work fine with the actual configuration.

Thanks.
Regards.