Re: [squid-users] peer problem with 2.6

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:11:18 -0200 (BRST)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> fre 2007-01-19 klockan 19:31 -0200 skrev Michel Santos:
>
>> yes, each of it has it's own name in squid.conf
>
> Then post
>
> * iptables ruleset
> * http_port + cache_peer + visible_hostname settings of each Squid
> * cache.log output of ALL,1 (no extra debugging enabled) from each
> Squid.

it is FreeBSD and IPFW

but it seems you have overseen some important things, I write it again

squid0 is the transparent proxy and it *IS* forwarding correctly because
the access denied is coming from squid1 or squid2

for me it seems that there is something wrong in 2.6 that when it gets
xforwarded packets from clients from peer 127.0.0.1 it does not understand
it

because I tried with one instance on the local machine and another 2.6
parent on another machine and it works as it should

also please remember that this scenario works perfect with 2.5, I do not
change anything else but the squid version (and of course the different
transparent configs for 2.6 on squid0 instance)

since squid1 and squid2 are not transparent there is no squid.conf
difference at all between 2.5 and 2.6 for my setup.

only to be sure I tried acl all|peer 0.0.0.0 on all 3 squids

also to be sure I eliminated any firewall rules before and after the fwd
rule and the pass all rule

the setup is easy
 squid0 runs on localhost 8080 as transparent
 squid1 runs on 127.0.0.2 3132
 squid2 runs on 127.0.0.3 3133

squid0 use both as parent round-robin no-query proxy-only

squid1 and squid2 are using each other as sibling proxy-only

taking round-robin out does not make any difference

in order getting you the cache.logs I need to wait for an early hour on a
workday to set it up, actually - if interested - I can send you them from
the working 2.5 setup but please tell me what you need from them, the
startup? because else there is only this kind of stuff in what probably
does not help anything here:

2007/01/18 19:05:50| ctx: exit level 0