[squid-users] Squid (RHL) SMB authenticating with AD

From: Adam Parsons <adamp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:49:40 +1030 (CST)

Hi,
I have searched the web and seen the articles on this subject, but still cannot get it to work.

At the moment, i have created a file called proxyauth and put it into the NETLOGON share of my AD, with allow the only text inside the file.  I have smb running, when i type the following command (/usr/lib/squid/smb_auth -w ADMIN -U 10.0.0.1 -d) with a valid AD username and password it always comes back with ERR, and doesnt return the allow text thats inside the proxyauth file (blank at end of contents line).  Therefore i assume its a permissions issue on my AD box.  What permissions do i need to change and do i need to only change the permissions to the file or to the NETLOGON folder?.  Is there anything else i need to do to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

Adam