Re: [squid-users] Squid Under High Load

From: Manoj Rajkarnikar <manoj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:54:50 +0545 (NPT)

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Matt wrote:

> Learning more as I go here. Installed Cache Manager. See below.
> When it was last started it was completely recompiled and all cache
> files deleted. Am I going to have a problem with file descriptors?

Yup, you should increase FDs to 4096 just to be on the safe side. what's
your cache_dir size?

> Looking at top it appears virtually all the RAM is used up. There is
> 1G of DDR2 of which top says 6M is free and its a single SATA drive.

Top always shows all RAM used up. any unused RAM is cached. use "vmstat
-S m" to see how much RAM (MB) is under "cache" header. If there is ample,
you're fine. also see if any swap is in use "swpd" ??

Manoj Rajkarnikar

Systems Department
Vianet Communications Pvt Ltd
Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Nepal.