Re: [squid-users] Small objects in memory only

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:04:02 +0800

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007, Reinis Rozitis wrote:
> Hello,
> some time ago I've asked about the possibility to store some cache objects
> only in memory (make optional limitation to object size which is stored on
> disk). Adrian Chadd aproved it as a good feature request and said that
> there are allready some thoughts and discussions going about.
>
> Wanted to know if there is any progress?

There hasn't been - and I forgot about it!

It wouldn't be hard to do but its difficult to do 'right' at the moment.

Look in store_dir.c for inspiration. You want to modify
storeDirSelectSwapDirLeastLoad or storeDirSelectSwapDirRoundRobin depending
on what you use.

If I remember right the swapout selection is done at object creation time.
If selection fails there it won't be swapped out at all. It'd be nice for
this to change (if it hasn't already!)

Adrian