[squid-users] Squid response times with Microsoft VM and Sun Java

From: Brosnan, Mark <Mark.Brosnan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:08:14 -0000

Hi,
I have a client that was using Microsoft VM on their desktop to access our online services. Everything seemed to work fine and they were happy with the response times. They have now moved to Sun Java and the response times have gone through the roof. If we bypass the proxy the times are good with both versions of java. Why should MSVM run so much faster? They are currently using Squid/2.5.STABLE3

Any Ideas?

Mark Brosnan
Online Data Delivery Consultant - ITO
"When tempus fugit chance favours the prepared mind"