[squid-users] doubt with external ACL

From: Joao Ferreira <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:05:51 +0000

Hello all,

(I'm quite new to Squid, so excuse me for some inexperience....)

I have a doubt about external ACLs. This is my setup and it works (the
linechange and the '\' character are not present in the squid.conf):

external_acl_type xACLtypBL %SRCPORT %SRC \
   %DST /etc/squid/redirectors/x_acl_BL_logger.pl /etc/aaa bbb ccc

acl xACL_BL external xACLtypBL xACL_01

My question: if I remove the xALC_01 argument (in the acl line) this
external ACL simply does not work (ACL program does not detect anything
on STDIN !!!); if I include the xACL_01 portion it works as expected.

In my application I really do not need to pass any arguments to the
externa ACL, but if I dont do it it, won't work...

So: what is it for ? and why doesn't it work without it?

thx
joao

see bellow my ACL script (Perl)...
... it is a simple logger (always prints "OK")
#!/usr/bin/perl -wl
use strict;
$|=1;
use IO::Handle qw(autoflush);
while (<STDIN>) {
   my $openok=0;
   chomp;
   if(open(LOG,'>>',"/var/log/squid/BL.log")){
       $openok=1;autoflush LOG;print LOG "|| $_ ||\n";
   };
} continue {
   print "OK";
}

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or without errors as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software, SA.