[squid-users] Need To Limit the Use of CONNECT

From: Vadim Pushkin <wiskbroom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:30:28 +0000

Hello All;

I would like to limit the use of CONNECT within my squid.conf to just a few
sites, for now the sites defined by the ACL "App-Port-80". I am considering
doing this like this:

# Access to App-Port-80 uses port 80 for CONNECT

acl App-Port-80 dst 192.168.111.1
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0
no_cache deny QUERY
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access allow CONNECT App-Port-80
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

I have already begun using this but I do not feel that I am limiting the
CONNECT ability to just this destination. Also, I may later wish to make use
of both ports 443 and 80 rather than just 80 as it should be right now.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

.vp