Re: [squid-users] Stop/Deny proxy requests

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:01:48 +0100

tis 2007-01-23 klockan 16:19 +0530 skrev Sameer Joshi:
> Hi All
>
> How to stop/deny direct proxy requests on my Reverse Proxy box. I do
> not want users to use this box as a proxy box to surf the internet. It
> should do only reverse proxying for my webservers

You can always limit access with http_access, only allowing access to
your domains.

But since you say you use Squid-2.6 my guess is that you have set
http_port wrongly. In a reverse proxy you SHOULD use something like

http_port 80 defaultsite=your.main.website vhost

and cache_peer + cache_peer_access/domain for forwarding the requests to
the correct servers.

Don't use always_direct, and don't use the transparent http_port option
(it's for Internet proxies operating by transparent interception, not
for reverse proxies).