Re: [squid-users] ho to Debug squid & AD auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:32:59 +0100

tor 2007-01-25 klockan 14:32 +0800 skrev Eric.chen:

> Proxy & AD auth is fine work on my system...
> but i just want to know , when user have some problem..
> how can i do to debug the system..
> i mean , i don't know what is the process on the squid and AD
> working...

Squid is responsible for the proxy function.

Samba ntlm_auth and winbindd is responsible for the AD integration,
verifying the user identity.

So how to trace a problem depends a bit on the nature of the problem. If
it's a problem unique to a specific user and not connected to some
specific web site then the problem is somewhere in the Samba winbind /
AD integration and it's best analyzed using the samba tools (wbinfo,
ntlm_auth etc).

If the problem is not connected to a specific user but more related to
some web site(s) then Squid or the server Squid runs on is what you need
to look at.