[squid-users] round-robin parents and ip-bases sessions

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:04:41 +0100

we use a few parent-squids for load-balancing in our DMZ. so our inner
squids use

        cache_peer proxyA round-robin ...
        cache_peer proxyB round-robin ...

when there are websites which uses ip-based sessions then they will see
either ip-adress of proxyA or proxyB with each request - and so the
sessions fail...
as we want to have load-balancing and relaibility it would be a bad idea
to route one site to only one - always the same - proxy per default...
anything we can do? or is this really a problem? how would a
proxy-cluster be setup to to show only on outgoing IP-address?

thanxs

markus