Re: [squid-users] Problem accessing proton.com

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:08:27 +0545

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 23:35:59 +0100
Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> sön 2007-02-04 klockan 19:48 +0545 skrev Tek Bahadur Limbu:
>
> > However, using telnet I get the following:
> >
> > telnet proton.com 80
> > Trying 202.157.177.117...
> > Connected to proton.com.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
>
> I don't.. I get connection refused..
>
> telnet www.proton.com 80
> Trying 202.157.177.117...
> telnet: connect to address 202.157.177.117: Connection refused
>
> Probably the server is completely overloaded and your telnet just
> happened to get accepted..
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Dear Hendrik,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I can always get connected to this site using telnet. It's just
that site gives the following error when I try to access it using a web
browser.

 * Connection to 202.157.177.117 Failed
 * (61) Connection refused

I understand that this site uses the following HTTP headers so as not
to allow their dynamic pages to get cached.

header("cache-control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("cache-control: no-cache");
header("Pragma: no-cache");

But why is this causing my Squid proxy to fail while accessing this
site.
Does it also mean that I will not be able to access sites which use the
above mentioned HTTP headers in their sites?

- --

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Tek Bahadur Limbu