Re: [squid-users] Problem writing squid PID file when tproxy is enabled.

From: Agung T. Apriyanto <duppeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:08:09 -0800 (PST)

> I dont get what you are saying. The squid goes to
> privileged mode while
> writing the pid file and why does it require more
> than 755 to
> /usr/local/squid26s9TP/var/logs/ directory (this is
> ownened by nobody:nobody
> which is the squid user and group).
>
> -logu

i don't know the reason why... earlier i got the same
problem as you facing when using tproxy, from the log
it said that it couldn't write pid into the directory
i mention in the squid.conf, so i have to chmod 666 my
/home/squid/pid direktori but then i decide to move
the pid into /var/run without any chmod'ing. you may
notice that some system basic service pid were also
located at /var/run

-a3

The fish are biting.