[squid-users] ICAP Issue - ICAP Protocol Error

From: Selvi <selvi.success@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:21:55 +0530

Hi,

I am working in the process of patching ICAP for different squid versions
and testing the same with icap option enabled.

I had patched Squid-2.5.STABLE-13 source with the ICAP patch found from
http://devel.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/diff2/nt-2_5.patch?s2_5. I had built
the squid after running "bootstrap.sh" from the squid source directory

ICAP Server used : Python Based icap-server-1.2.1 found from
http://sourceforge.net

ICAP option is enabled in squid.

Using this setup, i am able to access the web pages most of the times. But
sometimes, I am facing, "ICAP Protocol Error".

This error occurs because Squid is sending null-body in its Encapsulated
header. [ Ex: Encapsulated: req-hdr=0, res-hdr=465, null-body=649'].

Why does this inconsistency happens? Please advice me.

Thanks
Selvi