Re: [squid-users] centos 4.4, wccpv2, cisco 3550 switch

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:24:29 +0800

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007, Jon Christensen wrote:

> Will v1 work? I can always move squid inside the pix. Now, do I
> apply the wccp config to the vlan facing the clients or the vlan
> facing the squid box, or both? Layer 2 should have hit me that it
> won't work as I am trying to make this work at layer 3.

I'm not even sure WCCPv1 is supported on the 3550! In any case,
the hardware is doing the redirection (the CPU just programming
the hardware to -do- the redirection) and there's no hardware on
the 3550 for generating the WCCP-format GRE packets.

So you'll have to move the Squid to wherever the 3550 is doing the
routing.

Supply me privately with a better network diagram and I'll help you
get WCCPv2 going.

Adrian