[squid-users] cache peer problem

From: <robert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:06:23 +0200 (EET)

hello,

i have a network with two small gateways and a big one.
i also set up a proxy server (cache peer) on an other computer
i configured the 2 gateways to use squid and connect to the
cache peer.
the reason that i installed squid on the 2 gateways is because
i couldn't redirect them direct to the proxy server because
iptables

the problem is that if someone from gate 2 downloads a file
then someone from gate 1 won't get it from cache but the ones
behind gate2 will get it from the cache.

can anyone help me and tell me how to deal with that
or this is how stuff works ?