[squid-users] Confused with blocking files.

From: Paul <peejaygee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:26:26 -0000

Dear All,

I've have the following in my config to stop the follow from being able to
be downloaded.

acl EXE urlpath_regex -i \.exe$
acl programs rep_mime_type application/octet-stream
http_reply_access deny EXE programs

acl ZIP urlpath_regex -i \.zip$
acl programs rep_mime_type application/zip
http_reply_access deny ZIP programs

acl RAR1 url_regex -i \.rar$
acl programs rep_mime_type application/rar
http_reply_access deny RAR1 programs

to test this out, I go to http://www.filemirrors.com/ and top right hand put
'Ends with' and the relevant extension, then I click a few, some allow me to
download, and some get blocked?

I'm guessing it is something to do with my configuration..

Can anybody help me? (Oh for info, I'm using the WinNT version 2.6Stable)

Regards
Paul.