RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.6.9 ntlm_auth AD Group checking no longer works.

From: David Whitehead <dwhitehead@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:58:06 -0800

Yeah I'm quite sure that it's in my config... I just can't seem to
figure out what needs to be changed. The config I listed has been in use
for quite some time and had been working perfectly. The first thing that
had to be changed after the "upgrade" of course were the two lines:

# auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
# auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minute

Which of course had to be 'banged out' according to the release notes.
Failure to do so prevented Squid from starting altogether.

Sorry about that... When I say "not working" I mean that it was setup to
only allow members of the (Active Directory) domain group
"Browser-Users" access to the web outside the corporate network. Members
of the (Active Directory) domain group "Restricted-Browser-Use" could
only get to web sites specified within an "acceptable sites" file on the
proxy server. All was well for two years.

Wbinfo -t comes back with "checking the trust secret via RPC calls
succeeded"
Wbinfo -u comes back with all users on the Windows domain
Wbinfo -g comes back with all Groups on the Windows domain.

/usr/local/squid/logs/cache.log is now showing this error:

Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-466765145-1792897056-1845911597-1995 to
gid

For every user that opens a browser (SID of course is different for each
user)

(And forgive me for not being familiar with mailing list etiquette...
This is sort of last ditch effort on my part to get this thing figured
out. I normally use Forums rather than mailing lists. :) )