Re: [squid-users] dns PTR request to parent cache

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:30:58 +0100

On 23.02.07 12:06, sampei02@tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi Henrik,

I am not Henrik. This list iss full of people whose name si not Henrik.

> I would like avoiding dns reverse lookups to my parent cache.

what?

> I tranlsated "dst" acl into "dstdomain" where I have written site URL, so
> no direct NS queries goes to parent. Can you indicate me what acls cause
> dns PTR request to parent ?

reverse lookups are used for sites that connect to you, not for sites you
connect to. They are usually caused by src ACL that requires DNS to be
resolved. And DNS lookups are not send to proxies, but to DNS servers.

But why do you found this a problem?

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.