Fwd: [squid-users] Authentication Method - NTLM

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:11:10 -0500

On 2/21/07, Christian Ricardo dos Santos <Christian@telefutura.com.br> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is anyway to configure squid to:
> - Autenthicate users through multiple ADs domains (Windows 2k / 2k3).

Search the list archives. I belive a post by Henrik mentions the need
for trusts to be established between the domains.

> - Allow each user (or AD's group) to access a specific list of sites (txt
> file).

I imagine this can be done with Squid, but am not sure how. (I seem to
remember seeing a post recently dealing with txt file site lists.) It
seems a good content filter would be more adept at it. I use DG with
ntlm to do it.

> - Automatic accept the change of any password made by an user (Windows's
> AD).

If your users can change their own passwords via their workstation,
the change should be immediate with squid since it will be
authenticating against the DC where the change was made.

--
Chris Nighswonger
Network & Systems Director