Re: [squid-users] apple software updates

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 03:30:20 +0100

mån 2007-02-26 klockan 13:11 -0500 skrev
dhottinger@harrisonburg.k12.va.us:

> NSLocalizedDescription = "XML parser error:\n\tEncountered unexpected
> EOF\nOld-style plist parser error:\n\tMalformed data byte group at
> line 1; invalid
> hex\n";
> NSURL = http://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/index-1.sucatalog;
> }
> XML parser error:
> Encountered unexpected EOF
> Old-style plist parser error:
> Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex
> Everything worked ok till a month or so ago. No changes were made on my end.

A longshot, but perhaps something caused an gzip:ed version of the
update catalog to get cached somehow.. The update agent doesn't like
that..

Squid-2.6 is sensitive to servers applying gzip compression wrongly. See
the broken_vary_encoding directive for a possible workaround if this is
the problem.

access.log data with "log_mime_hdrs on" can easily tell if this has
happened.