Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:29:52 +0545

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:05:19 +1100 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> Redirection is not enabled by the default by Squid. Although I think
> it is easy to enable this, I haven't tried it yet. Have a look at
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidRedirectors.
> If you want redirection to any url from any url, try configuring it on
> your http server instead.
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > How do I redirect an address to a HTML file I create.
> >
> > The HTML file contains a H1 massage that says
> > "Squid Proxy is Enabled",
> >
> > I'm planning to redirect http://test/, http://squid/ to this HTML
> > file that I put in /usr/share/squid-gui/messages/squid-test.html
> >
> > How can I do this?
> >
> > Thank you for Squid! It is a very wonderful software!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joel

Dear All,

What will be my options if I want to redirect all of Squid's Error
messages to another site, say, www.hotmail.com without the end-users'
interruption?

Do I need to write a re-director script or will a combination of ACLs
plus editing error messages do this job for me?

Thanks..

- --

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,