Re: [squid-users] dns PTR request to parent cache

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:12:33 +0100

On 26.02.07 19:05, Sampei02 wrote:
> In my parent squid (which is in both local and ext. network) it's also
> installed primary DNS service.
> I noted all PTR dns queries goes to this server; I shouldn' t have to see no
> dns request in my child squid.

configure squid only to use the one nameserver, see dns_nameservers option.

Note that this option and the DNS resolution has NOTHING with your parent
proxy configuration. It's just an accident that both services run on the
same machine.

Also note that if your only one DNS server on that machine stops responding,
you won't be able to do DNS resolution.

One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them