[squid-users] apt-get http headers

From: Onatawahtaw <onatawahtaw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:07:11 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is a problem with squid or not,
but was told it might be. Currently if I run apt-get
with http repositories sometimes (but not all the
time) it comes back with message like this, usually
gzip or bzip2 errors I think:

99% [5 Sources bzip2 0] [Waiting for headers] [Waiting
for headers] [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for
headers]bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.

and errors like:

Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)

If I change the repositories to ftp they all work
fine. I go through a proxy server and http_proxy is
set correctly.

I was told this could be a problem with squid
modifying the headers.

I do not know too much about Squid. It is installed on
our proxy server which is owned and configured by a
company providing our institution with free Internet.
I do have access to the server. I checked under Header
Access Control under webmin. It says that no header
access control rules have been defined. So maybe that
isn't the problem.

Anyhow, would really appreciate it if anyone can help
me with this problem.

Thanks,

-Kevin

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail