RE: [squid-users] reverse proxy for squid2.5.10

From: Mike Withers <m.withers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:56:28 +1100

Peria

The following applies to the 2.5 series. Note that Henrik Nordstrom had
indicated earlier on another thread that the details for 2.6 are up to date
in the wiki at:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy

The important lines in the conf file are:
# This is the port the proxy is listening on
http_port 80

# User nobody in group nobody .. could be user:squid group:squid
cache_effective_user nobody
cache_effective_group nobody

# This is the port your backend(s) are listening on
httpd_accel_port 80

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_single_host off
httpd_accel_with_proxy on

redirect_program /usr/local/squid/redirect

##### end of config ######

Not this is the bare bones info, you will need to look at such things as:
- cache manage email address
- log file paths
- pid file path

I have used a perl script to remap the URL's. This was what was given as an
example in the original Visolve info. My script is essentially:

#! /usr/bin/perl
$|=1;
while (<>) {
       tr/A-Z/a-z/;

s|http://proxy_address/JoeBloggs/|http://backend_address/JoeBloggs/|g;

print;
}

This is a perl statement which substitutes one address to another taking the
original address from std input given by squid

Regards Mike