[squid-users] Squid Accelerator continue serving without backend server

From: Heikki Lampén <heikki.lampen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:43:15 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get Squid to serve content even the web server being
accelerated is out of reach. The problem might be network connectivity
related, or the backend application might've crashed causing Apache to
serve error pages.

I didn't find help on this matter after googling around for a good
while, but I did stuble upon 'offline_mode' doing something I wanted,
i.e. serve stale objects.

I would like to Squid to serve stale objects if the backend server is
not responding or throws errors. Is there an obvious way to configure
Squid for this that I have missed or what would be the way to go if
not?

Any version of Squid is ok.

Thanks in advance,

--