Re: Dynamic ACL Regex's associated with authenticated user

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 01:37:10 +0100

mån 2007-03-05 klockan 18:17 -0500 skrev louis gonzales:
> Hello all,
> There is one %{Header}'s that I want to read in my external helper program.
> %{Host}
>
> external_acl_type eXhelper %LOGIN %{Host} /path/to/my/eXhelper.pl
>
> I read in STDIN and get the "username password" as supplied by the user,
> who is prompted by basic authentication.

password is never sent to an external_acl helper, only the basic auth
helpers (auth_param basic program ...).

/path/to/my/eXhelper.pl will be sent the authenticated login name plus
the Host: header value per the specifications above.

I.e. if user louis requests www.squid-cache.org the helper will be sent

louis www.squid-cache.org

this is regardless of which authentication scheme was used.
authentication is separate from authorization, and only the basic auth
scheme has passwords... (the others all use one-time hashes).