Re: [squid-users] Question ICAP-client

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:46:52 +0100

ons 2007-03-07 klockan 13:37 +0100 skrev Stefan Bischof:

> I have a question regarding the ICAP-client of Squid (3.0PRE5 and following), I hope this is the right place to ask:

squid-dev@squid-cache.org may be more successful discussing Squid
versions under development. Not sure if the ICAP-client developers hang
around here on the users list..

Looking at the code there is an X-Client-Username header in the Squid-3
ICAP client, enabled by the icap_send_client_username config directive.

> Currently I am writing an ICAP-server. What I need now is the authenticated username. The rest of the message describes my tries to get this working and my question.
>
> First I implemented http://www.i-cap.org/spec/draft-stecher-icap-subid-00.txt by sending
> in my OPTIONS response. (I don't know if this draft is really implemented, but after a little googlin, I tought so ... Please tell me whether it is implemented in the actual 3.0 or not.) Squid didn't send me the desired header field (X-Authenticated-User) in the next requests.
>
> Any mistake by me so far?

Don't think Squid-3 implenents this (yet).

> OK, after that i enabled icap_send_client_username in squid.conf (The only thing I need is in fact the username, I don't care about auth-schemes). This worked at least for REQMOD requests. But in RESPMOD requests the username is still missing.

Hmm.. probably the code is a bit confused then..

> So my big question is:
> What can I do (or what is the right way) to get the username in REQMOD AND IN RESPMOD requests?

Get the code fixed I suppose.