[squid-users] Reverse proxy and user-agent

From: Carl Abramsson <carl.abramsson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:05:39 +0100

Hello!

(Didn't recive this mail myself... Sorry if I'm doing a repost...)

We are using Squid (2.5.STABLE14-NT for i686-pc-winnt) as a reverse
proxy for our site. The origin server is in Stockholm and the
squid-server in Hong Kong.
Everything works OK, except for one small detail. Squid caches based
on user-agents so this is what happens:
Client with IE -> /somepage.html -> Cache miss
Client with IE -> /somepage.html -> Cache hit
Client with Firefox -> /somepage.html -> Cache miss
Client with Firefox -> /somepage.html -> Cache hit

Is it possible to turn of this and let squid return the same page to
clients with different useragents? I know this could be bad in some
cases, but it's OK for our site and we really want the hit ratio to be
as big as possible since the latency is horrible.

I've searched the archives and googled it like crazy, but I can't find
any working solution. Any help is much appreciated!

BR