Re: [squid-users] cacti?

From: Alexander Schaber <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:05:43 +0100

> > It's abit old, but compatible with the latest version
> > of squid and cacti. please let us know if you could do
> > some improvement on it.
>
> That'd be great. I'll setup an article in the Wiki covering the HOWTO.
> I'll then stuff the data template into the Squid distribution.

I just figured this last week and now saw the thread..

1. Get the SquidStats-0.1.zip
2. Follow the INSTALL.txt file to the point where you have to add devices.
3. Add this to your /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf (or similar):
proxy -m /usr/share/squid/mib.txt -v 1 -c public
localhost:3401 .1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1
4. Continue just as described in the INSTALL.txt, adding devices/graphs but
make sure you query the snmpd and not the squid directly. Also I've used
public instead of snmppublic everywhere, not sure if this matters though.

Note: Got some information from some gentoo wiki page, but I can't remember
the address..

--
Greetings
 Alexander Schaber