RE: [squid-users] Oom-killer and Squid

From: Dave Rhodes <DaveRhodes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:23:25 -0500

Henrik,
Sorry for the late reply, I've changed the cache_mem to 250MB and I am
monitoring the growth. The server does have 6GB of RAM. The swap is
small based on SuSE recommendations but I can add swap if necessary.

Last night the squid proc grew to over 2GB so I lowered the cache_mem
and restarted squid to free the 2GB. The current size is 765MB and I'm
hoping it will level off at just over 1GB. If it continues to grow
beyond 2GB then I'm guessing it's the malloc issue.

"dlmalloc" isn't an option, as I understand it, as it is limited to 2GB.
Know of any good 64bit compatible mallocs?
Thanks,
Dave