[squid-users] Forwarding https request to parent proxy

From: chteh <chteh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:38:21 +0900

Dear All,

I know this is not a new issue in this mailing list, and im sorry to arise
this issue again. I have a private network which only has private Ipv4
address and has no gateway to the internet. I have created a one proxy
server using squid ver 2.6. The topology is as shown in below figure:

(USERS)--------[ProxyLocal]--------[ParentProxy]----Internet
  PC

I have configured my local proxy to forward every request to the Parent
Proxy since in my private network, it has no direct connection or NAT to
reach Internet. My HTTP request is working fine with the current
configuration, below is my configuration in squid.conf:

------------------------------Configuration start---(part)--------------
cache_peer 172.16.51.7 parent 8080 3130

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0 ::/0
never_direct allow all

acl manager proto cache_object
acl localsite src 172.16.51.0/24 2001:d30:1214::/48
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32 ::1/128
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8 ::/126

acl SSL_ports port 443
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 # https
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http

acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager

# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports

# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

-----------------------------------------------------------------------end

When I try to access some https website, it returns below errors:

The proxy server is refusing connections
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

    * Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

    * Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is
          working.

And I also tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log, but I didn't see any error
message, seems like the squid did not receive any request.....

Before sending this email, I have tried to search the solution fron the
http://www.squid-cache.org/mailing-lists.html and i able to find many
achieves which related to my problem, but none of their solutions could
solve my problem. Hope I can get some help here. Thanks in advance!!!

Best regards,

Simon Teh