Re: [squid-users] Squid Java problem

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:03:07 -0400

On 3/13/07, Tornado <itsec_guy@bluebottle.com> wrote:
> Yes we are. Are there any known issues with NTLM and java?

Java does not seem to support transparent authentication very well. I
use ntlm_auth and had the same issue. My workaround is to add this to
my squid.conf:

acl Java browser Java/1.4 Java/1.5
http_access allow localhost Java # the localhost acl is because I run
DG content filtering on the same box.

You may need to vary this depending on the versions of Java your
clients run and your setup. This allows Java scripts to be accessed
unauthenticated. This fix is discussed elsewhere on this list as well.

Chris