[squid-users] 2.5.STABLE3 performance issues

From: Steven Engebretson <sengebretson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:49:46 -0600

Hello,

I am a network manager at a school. I am not very versed with squid, and
I inherited this installation, with the job. We have two separate
instances of squid running on the same box, each looking at a different IP
address. Each authenticates users against its own separate AD domain, and
logs usage.

I am having some performance issues with both of the instances. I have a
10Mbps pipe to the Net, but I can only get ~600kbps at any workstation,
when there is no traffic. If I circumvent the proxy, I can get 9+Mbps,
without a problem.

Any ideas where I should begin my search for performance improvements? I
can send copies of my .conf files to anybody interested in helping. They
are large, as all of the descriptive text is still there.

Thank you.

-Steven E.