Re: [squid-users] Another HTTP 1.1 Question

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:33:33 -0400

On 3/14/07, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> The window scaling problem is unfortunately not so easy to detect in
> Squid as it causes connections to hang after the request has been sent
> and acknowledged making it just look like the server takes ages to
> process the request, so it generally never reaches a retry condition..

I notice that the window may be scaled many times during the course of
packet exchanges. I also noticed that the size of the window on the
acknowledge packet immediately before the hang was different nearly
every time. So, my question is:

Is the symptom which exposes the window scaling problem simply the
packet sequence 'request <-> response <-> hang (aka no subsequent
packets)'?

Chris