[squid-users] periodic user re-authentication via Radius

From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:37:04 -0400

Hi,

We have a need to force users to re-authenticate to the Web
periodically. Squid doesn't support this, because of how the browser
caches credentials. So I'm having our external Radius auth helper
handle this for us. As this seems to be a FAQ, I'm sharing the script
here.

http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/mwlradius.pl.gz

Warnings:

1) Beware of Perl. This means higher overhead on the Squid server.

2) There are edge cases. There are bugs.

3) I am not a programmer. This code illustrates that nicely.

4) Tested only in my particular environment.

5) No warranty. No guarantee. Use at own risk.

Bug reports accepted graciously, but not necessarily resolved. (See
#3 above.)

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org