Re: [squid-users] WCCP Module for WCCP Version 2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:19:38 +0100

tor 2007-03-15 klockan 18:27 +0800 skrev Awie:

> AW> Thanks Henrik. I don't have the ip_gre.o (need to compile).
> AW> But Martin informed that he used ip_wccp (not ip_gre).
> AW>
> AW> Martin, would you give me more explain about your configuration that you
> success did "iptunel" with ip_wccp?

The only way to have iptunnel work is to have ip_gre loaded. Either
statically or as a module.

If ip_gre is loaded ip_wccp MUST NOT be loaded. The two are mutually
exclusive and results will be quite odd with both loaded in the kernel.

It's very easy to check if ip_gre is loaded. Just do a "ip link show" or
"ifconfig -a". If it lists a gre0 interface then ip_gre is loaded.

Using ip_gre if possible (i.e. kernel version where ip_gre supports
WCCP) is strongly recommended instead of the ip_wccp ugly hack solution.