[squid-users] Errors during Log Analysis using Calamaris

From: Manish Kathuria <mkathuria@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:53:58 +0530

I have squid-2.6.STABLE9-1 running on Fedora Core 6 stably and I am
trying to use calamaris-2.59-1 for log analysis. While running
calamaris, the following errors are generated in the log report:

Invalid conversion in sprintf: "%t" at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Invalid conversion in sprintf: "%a" at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Invalid conversion in sprintf: "%;" at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Invalid conversion in sprintf: "%v" at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/bin/calamaris line 3306,
<> line 134591.

Line 134591 happened to be the last line in the log file. These errors
are repeated a number of times and in addition the output report is
full of large number (thousands) of blank lines and a few junk
characters also. Surprisingly the log analysis is also carried out and
a proper report is generated along with these errors. I have used the
same version of calamaris on squid running on FC3 as well as CentOS
4.3 without any errors. What could be the reason behind these errors ?
 I have not selected any log format in squid.conf leaving the same at
default setting none. Do I need to select any specific format ?

Thanks,

--
Manish Kathuria