Re: [squid-users] Squid doesn't access Hotmail?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:00:19 +0100

On 14.03.07 08:50, Angela Burrell wrote:
> I am having problems getting through to Hotmail. It seems to happen only
> when squid is being used as transparent.

intercepting, not transparent.

> When I configure browsers to go through the proxy directly, everything
> works great.

...and when you intercept connections, do you configure browsers to use the
proxy? In that case it's not intercepted.

The connection can be:
- direct
- intercepted
- proxied (browser is configured to use proxy).

> It is Squid 2.6.STABLE9 (from source).
>
> Mozilla 1.7.12
> https://login.live.com/login.srf?id=2&svc=mail&cbid=24325&msppjph=1&tw=900&f
> s=1&lc=1033&_lang=EN&bk=72886070
>
> IE6:
> https://login.live.com/ppsecure/post.srf?id=2&svc=mail&cbid=24325&msppjph=1&
> tw=900&fs=1&lc=4105&_lang=EN&bk=117381

hell, do you intercept https connections?

> Other "https" websites work fine with squid, for example I can log in to
> banking and other webmail sites like gmail.
>
> I am routing to squid from the firewall like this:
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
> REDIRECT --to-port 3328

dport 80 is http, not https.

Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete