[squid-users] Can I use more than one user-database

From: Phan...... tom <phan2525@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:07:15 +0000

Hi all....,

   I use squid2.6 stable 9 and I try to authenticate user with 2 domain. I
find this article in squid link
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ProxyAuthentication)

Can I use more than one user-database?
Generally speaking, no. The only exception is the Basic authentication
scheme, where you can cook a proxy script which relays the requests to
different authenticators and applies an 'OR' type of logic. For all other
auth-schemes this cannot be done; this is not a limitation in squid, but
it's a feature of the authentication protocols themselves: allowing multiple
user-databases would open the door for replay attacks to the protocols.

   From this passage, I understand that I can use more than 1 database if I
change proxy script. But I don't know where is proxy script and which file
that I should change. Please help me from this problem.

   Thank you for your help

Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you
need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01