Re: [squid-users] Squid authentication to a Samba domain controller

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:41:42 +0100

Hi Adrian,

At 15.28 18/03/2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 18, 2007, Guido Serassio wrote:
>
> > I don't agree because the content is still outdated to 2.5 squid.conf
> > syntax and the Kerberos config often is not needed (as in Samba
> > documentation).
> >
> > It could be better to link the official Samba HOWTO:
> >
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/domain-member.html#ads-member
>
>I'm happy if this is also included in the Wiki either in my NTLM example
>or in another seperate example article.
>
>The point is that mine is a snapshot of a working example; I basically do
>what I list here to make AD-aware NTLM Squid servers. I'm open to
>doing it a different way if someone write an alternate example. :)

Sorry, but your configuration example could be very confusing for
ordinary people:
- On Ubuntu, like on Debian and all the systems where I have
installed Samba in an Active Directory domain, the changes to the
Kerberos config are not needed at all, and this kind of changes can
be very dangerous.
- I don't like to publish the whole smb.conf file, I think that only
the needed changes should be published, there are too many "cut &
past kiddies" ....

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/