Re: [squid-users] NTLM process failure in 2.6 (as in 2.5)

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:53:51 -0400

On 3/18/07, Matthew Smith <mps@utas.edu.au> wrote:
> I have a number of squid boxes using this setup at a number of sites - I
> have only found two sites that are behaving in this way.

It does not sound like an issue with Squid. I run 2.6STABLE9 on FC6
with ntlm and no problem. It sounds more like a problem between Samba
and the DC.

Just a sanity check here: Does the trust still exist between these two
squid boxes and the nt domain? 'wbinfo -t' Are you still able to grab
a list of users with 'wbinfo' or 'net user' on these two boxes?

My knowledge of Squid's logging abilties is limited, however, maybe
someone else could suggest where to look for log entries for the ntlm
helper. I suspect cache.log, but you may have to enable a certain
level of logging to see.

Chris