[squid-users] logging auth users & statistics for the same

From: Garry Glendown <Garry.Glendown@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:59:51 +0100

Hi,

one of our customers has asked about getting some information about the
amount of surfing users are doing. Problem is that most users are using
terminal servers to do their surfing, so all I get at the moment is the
IP addresses of the multiple terminal servers. Users are authenticated
for web access. I've already located a patch to Squid to add the
authenticated user name to logg (http://devel.squid-cache.org/customlog
), question is what can I use to generate the stats? I've tried
Calamaris by creating Apache log style, and manually put a user name in
the Apache style log lines, but Calamaris doesn't seem to include user
statistics. The current stable version 2.59 doesn't have it, though at
least it's able to parse the "emulated" logg file, 2.99 doesn't seem to
have that style format at all anymore ...

Any comments?

Tnx, -garry