[squid-users] Re: Browse with public IP instead of hostname

From: Chuck Kollars <ckollars9@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

> ... since this is a development website ...
> ... so that an external user can use
> a public IP instead of having to make a host file
> entry on their PC ...

Well I'll bite by asking the seemingly obvious
question: "Why?"

Adding a line to the hosts file sounds drop-dead
simple, _especially_ in a development environment
which I assume is only at most a couple developers and
a couple testers. What makes you search for a
round-robin-hood's-barn solution rather than just
going with the obvious?

-Chuck Kollars

It's here! Your new message!