Re: [squid-users] apple software updates

From: <jonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:52:29 -0900

Quoting dhottinger@harrisonburg.k12.va.us:

> Quoting jonr@destar.net:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been following this thread but never saw a resolution, has
> > anybody found
> > a fix for this error? Is it an update to the latest squid or was it a
> problem
> > on Apples side? I have been searching for an answer but have not found one.
> >
> > I am using: Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE11
> >
> > Here is the error:
> >
> > 007-03-19 11:17:33.011 Software Update[186]
> > loader:didFailWithError:NSError "XML parser error:
> > Encountered unexpected EOF
> > Old-style plist parser error:
> > Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex
> > " Domain=SUCatalogLoader Code=0 UserInfo={
> > NSLocalizedDescription = "XML parser error:\n\tEncountered
> > unexpected EOF\nOld-style plist parser error:\n\tMalformed data byte
> > group at line 1; invalid hex\n";
> > NSURL = http://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/index-1.sucatalog;
> > }
> >
> > Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated,
> >
> > Jon
> >
> Ive been in contact with apple tech support and have heard from quite
> a few others that are having the same issue. Apple has been no help.
> Im sending them my access.log file from my proxy tommorrow showing an
> imac trying to do software updates. This is a problem that just
> started around the first part of the year. Im sure apple made some
> change on their end, but I'll never get out of them what. I sent
> quite a bit of info to the list, but never recieved a reply. Apple
> says "the reason the software updates are not working is because the
> catalog isnt finishing downloading". Duh, Why isnt it finishing. Part
> of the catalog loads fine. I keep hoping someone more knowledgeable
> then me will come up with a solution.
>

> --
> Dwayne Hottinger
> Network Administrator
> Harrisonburg City Public Schools

Thanks for the update Dwayne, can you keep us posted as to what you find out
from sending Apple your logs? The only way I have been able to get around this
is to go around my squid box.

Is everyone having this problem or are some people able to successfully update
and if so, what version of squid and Mac OS are you using?

Thanks again for any help,

Jon