Re: [squid-users] logging auth users & statistics for the same

From: Garry Glendown <Garry.Glendown@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:37:44 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> What I don't get is why you need the patch. The authenticated user name
> is always logged by Squid, in both the default squid access.log format
> and the emulated Apache/NCSA style access.log format..

OK; I confess, I'm both blind and taking information for granted and
correct that I did not confirm myself ... I was told they were still
using user authentication, which they aren't (therefore, no user names
in the loggs of course). And of course the logg contains the username ...

> Tried the -u option to calamaris?

With user data in the logg, it comes up of course ...

Thanks again, also for the "sarg" suggestion from the other two folks! ...

-garry